Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana is a scheme that aims at providing regular power supply to the rural India. Narendra Modi knows the need of this scheme as there are still a large number of villages where there is no proper power supply. Under this scheme, the government plans to provide electricity to the villages across the country.
One major aim of the scheme is to separate the networks of agricultural and household consumers. Hence, both the agricultural and household consumers will get proper power supply every time. The scheme was started with Patna and is now trying to cover all the villages across the country.
What is the need of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana?
The rural areas of the country also get the power supply currently. It is not like they do not have access to power. But there are a lot of issues with the power supply in rural areas. Since these issues are there, the government can not focus on further development of the country.
- Earlier, the rural areas did not need much power. But now, the needs of the people are changing. The people need more power. And hence, the entire network needs major changes.
- The distribution companies in the rural areas are not financially strong. This makes it difficult for them to provide a good network to the villages and rural areas. In order to improve this scene, they need proper funds.
- Under the DDUGJY scheme, the government plans to provide funds to distribution networks.
- The official measuring of the current networks is not proper. This can see a change only if there are proper meters in rural areas.
- Right now, the local distribution networks service the agricultural as well as the household consumers in rural areas.
- Due to less electric supply, the distributors have to decrease the load. And hence, both the agricultural and household consumers get affected. None of them gets the proper supply.
What are the Major Objectives of the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana?
Keeping in mind the above problems, the government has come up with a better plan. And this better plan is in the form of Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana. Below are the major aims of the scheme which the government will target.
- The major aim of the scheme is to reduce all the issues related to low power supply.
- The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana will make sure that all the villages get power supply. Also, they should get proper and regular power supply.
- The scheme would also aim at a feeder separation of agricultural and household users. This means that farmers will get enough power to continue their agriculture. And on the other side, the regular consumers will get proper electricity supply for their day to day tasks.
- In some areas, the power is already there but it is not proper. The scheme aims to improve the transmission and distribution in such areas. This will improve the quality of the power supply. Also, it will make the power supply more reliable.
- One major objective of the scheme is metering. Therefore, no losses will occur at all.
- The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana will reduce the peak load to a great extent. And hence, people will be able to enjoy the benefits of power supply even during peak hours of the day.
Apart from the DDUGJY scheme, the government has also launched other schemes. These schemes are for improving the rural India. Therefore, in the coming years, we can hope to see a better India.
How will the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana Benefit the Society
The agricultural states of the country will get the most benefits. However, all the people will get benefits of the scheme up to some extent. The benefits of the scheme include the following.
- The government is planning to provide power supply to all the villages and households. This means that nobody would have to live in dark. No matter it is the time of day or that of night, people will enjoy the benefits of proper power supply.
- The government will provide separate electric feeders to the rural areas for agricultural purposes. This means that agriculture yield will see an increase for sure.
- Many people were not able to cultivate their fields properly because of improper power supply. Government has plans to curb this issue.
- Many household businesses and cottage businesses need regular power supply. With the launch of the DDUGJY scheme, such businesses can now take turns. They will also provide new job chances to local people.
- The health and education services will see an improvement as they depend on power supply. Banking services such as ATM services would also improve.
- People in rural areas can now access internet and radio services. So, it would improve the current situation a lot, where the villagers do not have proper access to latest technologies.
- An enhancement in social security would surely kick in with the launch of scheme. This is because the availability of 24×7 electricity will make it possible for households to observe what is happening around them.
- The era of comprehensive development in the rural India would see a rise. Therefore, we should thank the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana.
More about the Funding of the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana
- The Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana is backed by the Ministry of Power, Government of India. This means that it is now under central government.
- So, local distribution networks will get proper funding. And hence, they would supply proper power to their respective distribution areas.
- The government will grant a total of Rs. 630 billion fund for the scheme.
- The scheme’s total outlay is approximated at Rs. 760 billion.
Let us know if you have any queries about the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana in the comments section below. We would get back to you soon. Till then, you can read about the other schemes for betterment of the country.