Akhilesh yadav smart phone yojana application registratiom process.
Under the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana, Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav of Sapa party announced an attractive scheme. As a part of election preparations for the year 2017, he promised free smartphones to people. This means that if people vote for him in the 2017 elections, and he wins, he will give away free smartphones. One such scheme by Uttar Pradesh government previously was laptop distribution. And many people actually got laptops under the scheme. So, we can expect the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana to be a great hit as well.
The smartphones which people will get under this scheme will have latest firmware. Also, users will get some useful apps pre-loaded in the phone. Though most of the people are thinking it is an election campaign, the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana has some attractive features. Read on to know more about the scheme.
The Idea behind the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana
Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav said in a recent event that the smartphones will give a new ray of hope to people. He told all these things in an event of Vodafone 4G launch. And he mentioned that the smartphones will serve as a tool for education and as a result, better development of the state. He also said that the government will follow an easy process for the scheme. Most probably, it will be online registration. This is because the chances of transparency are high and that of corruption are low if the scheme is online.
According to his words, if poor people will get smartphones, they will certainly use it for their best. And they will get equal opportunities which they miss out due to their poverty. So, this scheme would be a starting point for newer development. He wants all eligible and needy people to get free smartphones under the scheme.
Key Features of the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana
- The scheme will prefer poor people and they will get the smartphones at inauguration ceremony of Ala Hazrat Haj House.
- We will get to know in the first half of 2017 whether Akhilesh Yadav’s party is coming to power. If yes, then the eligible people will get smartphones by the end of the year 2017.
- CM also said that they will deliver the smartphones to people’s doorsteps. So, there is no need to come at a particular point and collect the smartphones.
- The smartphone that people will get will become a tool of communication between common people and government. They will get to know about the latest schemes and policies. Further, they will get better knowledge about their surroundings.
- The people eligible for getting smartphones under the scheme will get them only on a first come, first serve basis.
- Under the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana, people of Uttar Pradesh can book the smartphones now itself. And the delivery of the smartphones will happen after the elections of 2017.
One more scheme is Samajwadi Pension Yojana. This scheme also has some of the attractive offers for people of UP.
Key Features that the Smartphones will be having
- The smartphones would have latest software.
- The smartphones will have small business related apps, student education related apps and rural population related apps.
- Basically, we can expect the smartphones to be equipped with enough features which make it act as an educational tool.
How to Register for Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana
For now, registrations for the scheme are not open. But, the chief minister said that the government will open registrations within a month. People who are eligible for the scheme can register online.
A point to note about the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana is that offline registration is not possible. So, the policy is completely transparent. Any kind of corruption will not take place, since the registrations would be online.
People will get a link where they can log on and apply for the scheme. However, the link is not active right now. We are expecting the party to release it within a month and we would update it as soon as it gets released.
How to know if you are Eligible for the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana
The basic eligibility criteria for the scheme is as below. Government might include some other eligibility criteria in future, when the scheme will come into force. Till then, you can go through below criteria to know if you are eligible.
- The minimum age to apply for the scheme is 18 years. The person should have completed 18 years of age on the first day of the year 2017, that is, 01/01/2017.
- This scheme is only for the people of Uttar Pradesh. So, only the people who have a proof of permanent address in Uttar Pradesh can apply for the scheme. Therefore, if you are from some other state and do not hold a permanent residency in UP, you cannot apply for the scheme.
- The scheme is only for poor people. This means that only the low income groups can apply for the scheme. If your annual salary if more than Rs. 6 lakhs per annum, you cannot apply for the scheme.
- Any person who is working in public sector in the categories 1 or 2 cannot apply for the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana.
- Only those people who are high school passed can apply for the scheme. While applying for the scheme, the high school certificate might be mandatory.
Who are the main Targets of the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana?
- Under the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana, the main target of the CM is those students who are going to college.
- This is why he said that high school certificate is mandatory for applying for the scheme.
- He understands that college going students need smartphones for a number of reasons. Education is easier when you have a smartphone.
Keeping in mind all these things, we can expect that the Samajwadi Smartphone Yojana will be a huge success. Just like the laptop scheme, government is keen on the distribution of smartphones as well. As per the sources, in the laptop scheme, they distributed more than 18 lakhs of laptops.
If you have further questions about the scheme, please let us know in the comments section below.