EPFO portal is an amazing initiative by the government if India. With the help of this portal, you can cater to all your epfo needs online. You would not need to collect the forms and fill them and then go to the physical office to submit them. Rather, every task can be completed online within a matter of minutes. You can get all the required information about your EPF account sitting at the comfort of your home. Just register with the portal by giving your details and then login to it anytime you want.
Steps to Login to the EPFO Portal
If you want to login to the EPFO portal, you would need to follow the below steps. But before that, make sure you have all the required information handy. For example, your EPF account number, and your mobile phone number which was registered at the time of opening account and various other details.
1. Open the official website of EPFO Portal.
2. Fill in the required details correctly and click on register button. Give all the information correctly as they might be verified at a later stage.
3. Submit and you would get a PIN number.
4. Enter the PIN number in the next step and the portal would display a message indicating that you are now a registered member.
Once you register, you can avail all the benefits of the EPFO portal.
Points to Keep in Mind
1. The EPFO portal allows the usage of only one cell phone number for registration. So make sure you give your permanent phone number.
2. Though it is possible to view your passbook once you register with the EPFO portal, there is another requirement to it. You have to make sure that your employer has uploaded the ECR from May 2012.
3. One member means one account, at least under a single employer. If you have multiple EPF accounts under the same employer, you might have to fill the Form 13 additionally.
4. There is no need to create a user id or password. Only the ID proofs are enough.
5. You can also view your inactive EPF accounts using the EPFO portal. But for that, you would need to make special requests.
What is UAN Portal?
UAN stands for Universal Account Number. And as the name suggests, the UAN portal would operate using the UAN number. No matter how many employers you change, this number would remain the same and you can link it with your EPF account.
So, it would become easy for you as well as the employer to identify your account this portal provides several functionalities and you must know your UAN number to make use of them.
How to make use of UAN?
If you already have a UAN number, you can just provide it to your new employer. They would then link your previous EPF account to the current one and your savings would keep adding on in the same account. This would save you from a lot of headache later on. Activating the UAN is also very easy. You just have to get regular KYC documents verified.
If you have any queries regarding the working of EPFO Portal, please write to us in the comments section below.