Nai Manzil Yojana is a scheme to improve the condition of minorities in the society. As we know, even after this many years of independence, minorities are lagging behind in some of the fields. So, this scheme will benefit the girls from minority communities.
The Nai Manzil Yojana is essentially a skill development program. And this program will extend over a time period of three months. First of all, the government will target school or college dropouts through this scheme.
Which Institutes will implement the Nai Manzil Yojana?
As per the decision of the government, the scheme will cover three institutions. And the institutions are as listed below.
- Skill Development Centre (University of Kashmir)
- Madarsa Imam Sadique (Shadi pur, Bandipora)
- Madarsa Shahi-i-Hamdan (Pampore).
So the girls from minority communities will need to come here to study the different skills.
Also read PM Awas Yojana.
What skills would be taught under the Nai Manzil Yojana?
As per the agenda of the Nai Manzil Yojana, the girls will get to learn from the below 7 skills. And these skills are related to the region. So, it depends on the state that you are living in that what skill you get to learn. So for example, if saffron processing is popular in your area, you will learn that.
- Saffron Processing
- Tourism and Hospitality
- Food Processing
- Computers IT (Software as well as Hardware)
Benefits of the Nai Manzil Yojana
- The girls studying the courses under the Nai Manzil Yojana will get a stipend of Rs. 4500/- each.
- The course is free. So, girls will get to learn new skills without making any monetary investment.
- Over the different phases, the Nai Manzil Yojana will spread to other Madrasas in the country.
- With the help of this scheme, the minority communities will get education and livelihood in an integrated manner.
- The trainees will get a certificate once they complete the course.
- Once the trainees learn the skills, they can use them for a better employment in the future.
Exclusive Features of the Nai Manzil Yojana
- According to an agreement, the World Bank is ready to give $50 million funds for this scheme. So, this is a scheme in which World bank is providing help.
- And hence, this will make India noticeable on an international scale.
- So when the international will think of skilled workers, they would have a look at Indian workers too.
Is there any Age Limit to apply for the Scheme?
Yes, one has to be at least 17 years of age and at most 35 years of age to apply for the Nai Manzil Yojana.
The Role of Sachar Committee
The major hand behind the Nai Manzil Yojana is that of Sachar Committee. First of all, they provided valid recommendations and then, a reason to start with the Nai Manzil Yojana.
- It was in November 2006 that they submitted a report on the educational status of the Muslims in India.
- With the report, it was clear that the students of those groups are not getting proper education. And hence, they do not get proper employment in the future.
- The gap was increasing continuously between minorities and other communities.
So, to curb this gap, government has taken a strict step in the form of Nai Manzil Yojana.