Samajwadi Pension Yojana is a pension scheme lunched by Uttar Pradesh government to encourage savings habit among BPL people. This new Pension Yojana will also provide financial aid to rural people. The government will target 1 in every 3 rural families to provide financial help.
As per the current government data, the scheme will provide a financial aid to 40 lakhs families. Currently, the working pension scheme in Uttar Pradesh is Rani Laxmibai Pension Yojana. And this Samajwadi Pension Yojana will replace it soon.
Who can apply for the Samajwadi Pension Yojana?
- A family that is below poverty line.
- Further, the family must be a permanent resident of the state of Uttar Pradesh.
- The family should hold a valid proof of address in UP.
- The primary beneficiary of the Yojana should hold a savings bank account. The account can be in either SBI or a national bank.
- If the children in the family are between the age of 6 and 14 years, the family needs to enroll the kinds in school. They can choose any government school.
- Just enrolling is not enough, the children should go to the school too. They should have 70% attendance.
- In case the family is illiterate, the government would ask them to enroll in the Rashtriya Saksharta Mission. Only if the family enrolls in the mission, they will get the benefits of the Samajwadi Pension Yojana.
- If the children in the family are below 5 years of age, government will check if the family pays attention to vaccination. Further, this vaccination should be in government hospitals.
- In UP, medical tests are held at an interval of 6 months. The beneficiary family should see to it that the children are taking part in these medical tests.
- The family should pay attention to child delivery also. The child delivery should happen only in the government hospitals and mothers needs to be hospitalized while delivery.
Who can not apply for the scheme?
One must keep in mind that this scheme is not for all the people. In fact, this scheme is for weak sections of society. So, below categories of people can strictly not apply for the scheme.
- People paying income tax.
- Also, people working in public sectors.
- People working with private firms.
- Families having motor vehicle. If anyone in the family owns a motor vehicle, then also they are not eligible to apply for the scheme.
- Further, any member in the family is already getting pension under the Old Pension scheme, then the family cannot apply for the Yojana.
- If the family has any kind of land property which amounts to 0.5 hectares, then also they cannot apply for the scheme.
What are the Key Features of the Samajwadi Pension Yojana?
- The family insured under the Samajwadi Pension Yojana will get a pension of Rs. 500/- every month.
- Every year, the pension amount would see a hike of Rs. 50/-. But, all the families will not get it.
- The Samajwadi Pension Yojana will cover all the districts in the state of UP.
- A family can choose to apply for the Yojana offline or online.
- Under the Samajwadi Pension Yojana, a family can get a maximum pension of Rs. 750.
- Only the first head of the family will get the pension under the Samajwadi Pension Yojana. And the person will get the amount through bank transfer. Offline payment of pension is not possible.
- And hence, each family covered under the Yojana needs to have a bank account.
- The Gram Panchayat will select which families will get the Samajwadi Pension Yojana benefits.
- The scheme is especially for the BPL families. So, we can see a change in the condition of such families in UP, in the coming years.
Will Each Family get a Hike of Rs. 50 under the Samajwadi Pension Yojana?
No. not all the families will get the yearly hike. Only if the families fulfill the below three conditions, they will get the hike.
- The middle age kids of the family should go to schools and have an attendance of 70%.
- The uneducated family members should get literate. They can do so by joining other schemes of the government.
- The small children in the family should get proper vaccines and get their health checkups done.
How to Apply for the Samajwadi Pension Yojana
- Log on to the official website.
- Get the application form.
- Fill the form giving correct details.
- Upload the form after filling it. Also attach the documents as asked under the scheme.
- As soon as you upload the form, your Samajwadi Pension Yojana account will be created.
Where can you see the Samajwadi Pension Yojana Suchi?
The Samajwadi Pension Yojana Suchi refers to the list of people who will get the benefits of the Yojana.
- You need to log on to the official website of the yojana.
- Then look for the Samajwadi Pension Yojana suchi. It must be under the name “Pension Suchi 2014-15”.
- The district head has uploaded the list as per district, block and village.
Help Line Toll-Free Number – 18004190001
Functioning of the Samajwadi Pension Yojana
- When a family fulfills the eligibility conditions listed above, it will receive a pension of Rs. 500/- monthly.
- The conditions of the poor people will see a change as they will get regular money to fund their basic needs.
- The gram panchayat will make final decision which families will get the cover and which families will not.
- The families will get a Samajwadi Pension Yojana card. This card is like a passbook. So, we can expect this card to hold the records of Yojana.
What is the Target of the Samajwadi Pension Yojana?
The target of the government by launching the Samajwadi Pension Yojana is to improve economic conditions of poor families. Some families do not have any source of income, government will target those families first.
- The scheme will cover 12 lakh families from the SC/ST categories.
- And it will cover 10 lakh families from minorities groups.
- Further, it will cover 18 lakhs families from general class and OBC groups.
Let us know if you have any queries about the Samajwadi Pension Yojana.