You can get duplicate voter ID card in case you have lost the original one. The procedure to apply for the same is very easy. In this article, we are covering the steps to apply for duplicate voter ID card. So, if you have lost your voter ID card, this article is going to be useful for you.
Who can apply for Duplicate Voter ID Card?
- Somebody stole your voter ID card. In such a case, you should also report it to the nearest police station along with applying for a duplicate card.
- You misplaced your card. It is totally normal to forget where you have placed your voter ID card, but before applying for a duplicate one, we suggest you to double check it.
- Your card has become really old and due to all the wearing and tearing, you can’t even use it anymore.
The process to apply for duplicate voter ID card is not very hectic. But still you would need to go through a procedure and you may need to reproduce your documents. So, it is better to take care of your voter ID card and handle t carefully.
Documents required to apply for the Duplicate Voter ID card
Even if your documents were previously verified, you would need to submit them again. The verification process will happen again and hence, you would need below documents.
- Address Proof.
- Identity Proof.
- Recent photographs of you (passport sized)
- Form EPIC-002. Make sure that you fill the form with the correct details. You can get the form from the electoral office or download it online, whichever way is convenient for you.
- FIR report copy. As you can see, an FIR is mandatory. So, as soon as you come to realize that you have lost your voter ID card, it would be a good idea to register an FIR. This would prevent you from further troubles. And make sure you have a copy of the FIR with yourself for future reference.
Steps to Apply for Duplicate Voter ID card Offline
If you want to apply for the voter ID card through offline means, you would need to follow the below mentioned steps.
- The form you need to apply for the duplicate voter ID card is known as Form EPIC-002. So, first of all, you will need to get this form. You can it from any of your nearest electoral offices. Just visit there and ask for it.
- Fill up the form with correct details. Try to give all the details as they were present in eth original voter ID card.
- Attach any documents that are required along with the form.
- Submit the form. The authorities would provide you with a reference number once you submit the application form. Note down the reference number. This will come handy later on when you want to track applications status.
- Keep in mind that the electoral officer will verify all your details and your application will go through only after the verification of details. And after the verification, they would notify you that your duplicate voter ID card is ready.
- You can then go to the electoral office again and collect the duplicate voter ID card.
Steps to Apply for the Duplicate Voter ID card Online
- You will still need to get the EPIC-002 form. But this time, you can visit the Chief Electoral Officer’s website and simply download the form. You need not go to the electoral office yourself. This would save you a lot of time and effort.
- After that, you need to fill up the form. Give the correct details as they would have verified later on. Also, you will need to attach the supporting documents whatever they ask for. For example, address proof, FIR copy and so on.
- You can submit the application form in your nearest electoral office. They would give you a reference number. Note it down and keep it handy. Later on, you can log in to the electoral website and track the status.
- The rest is upon the electoral office. They will verify your details and then notify you after the processing is completed.
- You can collect your duplicate voter ID card from the electoral office as per your convenience.
Please note that it is possible to apply for a color voter ID card. Even if your previous original voter ID card was black and white, you can opt for a color duplicate voter ID card. You would just need to pay an extra fee of Rs. 30. However, in this case, you have to be extra careful about the photo that you submit.
If you have any queries about the procedure to apply for supplicate voter ID card, you can post it below in the comments section. We will get back to you.