EPFO login and all the related details are mentioned in this post. As you must be aware, EPF is a boon for the salaried workers in India. Every month, you pay a part of your salary towards EPF. And the employer also pays a part towards it. Over time, this amount keeps on growing and when you retire, you can withdraw this amount. As per the new rules, you can also withdraw the PF amount for any emergency issues. However, you must know how much balance is there in your epf account so that you can plan your budget accordingly. EPFO login can certainly help you in this regard.
Procedure to Register for EPFO Login Portal
If you are familiar with using computer and internet, you can choose online registration. However, if you are not very much aware with computer, you can also go for offline registration for EPFO login portal. However, we suggest online registration because the offline method takes a lot of time. When you chose to login to the EPFO login portal online, there is no hassle involved.
All you have to do is download the registration form. This form is available at the official EPFO website. And then, you have to fill up the form and attach the required documents. And then you can submit it. If you have a UAN number, registering for EPFO login portal is even easier. You can go for EPFO UAN login in that case.
EPFO Member Login Portal Online
EPFO stands for Employee Provident Fund Organization and this scheme comes under the Ministry of Labor and Employment. And hence, you must know that epfo login portal is an initiative by the government itself. Basically, there are 3 provident fund schemes by the government of India, as mentioned below.
1. Employee Provident Fund Scheme. This is the most popular and is known as EPF scheme.
2. Employee Deposit Linked Insurance Scheme.
3. Employee Pension Scheme.
The other two schemes are not very popular and people don’t know much about them. As there are many epf schemes, there are multiple epfo portals as well. These also include uan member portal as well as the “one employee one pf account” portal. So you need to make sure that you login to the proper epfo login portal.
History of the EPFO Login Portal
It was in the year 1952 that the bill for EPF scheme was passed by the government of India. This is a very good scheme by the government which helps the private as well as the government sector employees. Most of the times, employees spend their paychecks on the daily expenses of themselves and their families. They do not think about their retirement and whenever they think, they only get depressed.
To avoid this situation. Epf scheme was started. Now, with the epf scheme, the employee as well as the employer would contribute some part to the epf account every month. And they would get a good interest rate on this account. This way, the savings of the employees would grow over time.
What are the Improvements under EPFO Login Portal?
If an employee works in such an organization where at least 20 employees are working, he/she automatically becomes a part of the epf scheme. And, with the launch of the epfo login portal, the employees can view their pf balance online. This is a good move as the employees can get an idea of how much savings they have.
Steps to Follow for EPFO Login
1. Go to the website and get the registration form. There, fill in all the details correctly.
2. You would need to enter the proper ID number of the ID proof that you are going to fill in. so make sure you do it correctly.
3. Once you have filled in all the details, double check before submitting. And if you are sure, click on the “Submit” button.
4. You would receive a PIN on your phone number. Enter this pin to the portal.
This process would register you on the epfo login portal. Once registered, you can avail all the facilities that the portal provides. For example, you can download passbook or view your pf balance and others.
What do Employees do on the EPFO Login Portal?
Though most of the employees go for epfo login portal only to check their pf balance and view their passbook, there are some more ways to utilize the platform. For example, you can update your KYC documents. Also, if you have any change in your address details or if you want to update any other information about yourself, you can do so.
What if your EPFO Account is Inoperative?
There might be some cases where your epfo account gets inoperative due to some reasons. In such cases, you can request epfo to make your account status active. You would see an option of inoperative accounts as well. You can directly send the request from there.
How are EPFO Login and UAN Related?
To your surprise, epfo login and uan are closely related. As you must already know, every epf member gets a unique uan number. This serves as an identity for the member on the portal. UAN stands for Universal Account Number. As the name suggests, this account number will not change for an employee no matter if he changes employers. This makes epf balance transfer very easy.
There is a separate UAN portal as well. But in order to login to the uan portal, you will first need to activate your uan. However, it is a very easy process and you can do it within seconds with the help of a few clicks.
Benefits of UAN portal with EPFO Login Portal
Whenever you go for epfo login portal, we would also suggest to go for uan login side by side. This would help you to avail the facilities provided by both the platforms. With the uan login portal, you can do the following.
1. You can download your uan card.
2. You can view and download your member passbook.
3. You can view and verify your personal details. If they are incorrect, you can get them corrected within a short period of time.
4. You can check how much you are contributing to epf every month.
5. You can update your KYC documents on the uan portal.
Steps for UAN Member Portal Login
1. Go to the official url of the uan portal.
2. Click on the button called “Activate UAN”. It would take you to a new page.
3. Click on the “I have understood the instructions” option and follow the page.
4. You would see a uan activation form. Fill it with your uan number, phone number and a member ID.
5. You would receive a PIN number when you submit. Just enter the pin and you are registered.
Now you can login using your password and avail the facilities on the dashboard.
EPFO Login for Employees and Employers
EPFO login is available for both employers as well as employees. However, if you are an employer, you would need a list of documents to register for epfo portal. The employees on the other hand just need to enter their pf account and password. They can then make use of all the services provided by the portal.
EPFO Login Portal to Check EPF Balance
Your passbook would open and you can view your epf balance easily. Though there are other ways available to check epf balance, this one is most efficient.
EPFO Login Portal to Know PF Claim Status
The epfo login portal also provides you an option to check your pf claim status. Though you can do it offline as well, doing it online saves you time. Go to the epfo unified portal and enter the claim id which you must have got at the time filing the claim. Then, click on “Know your Claim Status”.
You would get information on your claim status as soon as you fill in the details and click submit.
EPFO Login to Update Member Details
You can use epfo login portal to update the member details. If you ever want to edit member name, DOB or the epfo office, just follow eth below steps.
1. Visit the epfo unified portal.
2. Login to the portal using the uan number and your password.
3. Once you login, go to the Account tab. There, go to settings tab. And then, click on update KYC.
4. After that, click on eth details that you want to update and follow the instructions.
What are the Advantages of EPFO Login?
1. You can check your epf balance anytime.
2. You can file for online transfer of your pf.
3. Also, you can check the status of your claim at any given point of time.
4. You can transfer pf from one account to another without going to the pf office physically.
5. You can register for uan activation using the epfo login portal. You can also view your uan activation status.
6. If you want to login to uan helpdesk, you can do that as well using the epfo login portal.