EPF India balance online check is a facility provided by EPFO India, with the help of which, you can check your EPF balance anytime with just a click of the mouse. There are times when a person wants to know how much balance he/she has in his/her EPF account. Thanks to the EPF India balance online facility, you don’t need to fill up any complicated forms and then deposit them to the PF office to know your balance. The process can be completed online with minimal effort. Read on to know more about it.
Pre-Requisites for EPF India balance online
In order to check your EPF balance online, there are some pre-conditions that you have to follow. And if you don’t fulfil these, it might not be possible for you to go for EPF India balance online check.
1. Only those employees can check their EPF online for whom their employer uploads ECR. And this is for all the account holders who joined after May 2012.
2. If you think you fulfil the above criteria, you can register yourself on the portal and go for EPF India balance online check.
Steps for EPF India balance online Check
1. First of all you should go to the official EPFO website. After that you would see a member’s area. Just go there.
2. You would see an option called “Download E Passbook”. Click on it.
3. There, you would need to fill up your state. Enter it correctly.
4. Then, select the EPF office that you are a part of.
5. Then, you would get an option to enter your account number of provident fund. Enter it very carefully.
6. Along with that, you would also need to enter a verification code. Then, click on the option called “Get PIN”.
7. This PIN would not be displayed on your screen but it would come to your phone number in the form of a text message.
8. Enter this PIN in the textbox on the screen. Click on “I Agree” and then click on “Get Details”.
Within a flick, you would get your EPF account details on the screen.
Why should you go for EPF India balance online Check?
When there are other options available to check your EPF balance, what is the need of EPF India balance online facility? Well, in today’s world, everyone is busy. People don’t have time to go to the PF office by themselves and get their details. Further, most salaried people are educated and they know basics of using computer and internet. So why not avail the facility when it is available? It was in the year 2011 that the government realized they need to provide an online facility to the employees to check their EPF balance. And since then, people are widely using this facility.
If you have any queries regarding EPF India balance online check, please post them below in the comments section. We would get back to you in the shortest possible time.